By the time of Independence, the Press was well ensconced in business. In giant leap forward came in 1958 when it had had to move yet again to the current work place at 11 Barrackpore Trunk Road, Calcutta which was indigenously designed to factor in the future scope of expansion.
By continuously moving along the cutting edge of technology, it stood out as veritably the Best in Printing in Eastern India gathering innumerable awards for ‘Excellence in Printing' from many august bodies including those from DAVP.
The pursuit of excellence had been achieved by importing sophisticated machinery installed by printing technologists from UK and Germany and operated by experienced technicians who have been periodically undergoing specialized training to keep pace with the emerging technologies.
1984 the company was nationalized.
It embarked upon a Long Term Modernization Plan, on different modes, each for specific project.